Saturday, May 5, 2012

Q & A with Danielle




> Q. What inspired you to be an esthetician? 
I became a girly girl in high school & loved everything about it; getting your nails done, brow waxing, facials, who wouldn't?! I started going to college after high school to become an elementary art teacher, but school just wasn't my thing. After I had decided to move to Utah, I looked into beauty schools. I did not want to cut hair (me with scissors & hair was not a good idea) but I did want to help women feel more beautiful. That's when I found out about aesthetics & I've been doing it ever since!


> Q. How long have you been working your magic with skin?
for about 3 years now.


> Q. What are your top 3 favorite skincare products you use on your clients?
Image is my favorite skin care line! I love using the Hydrating Eye recovery Gel, Total Resurfacing Masque, & Sunscreen!


> Q. What is your favorite thing about being an esthetician?
As much as I love making my client feel comfortable & relaxed; I love waxing! Hair removal is an instant result. You had unwanted hair when you came in, than the hair is gone when you leave!  


> Q. Favorite tool or machine?
My Microdermabrasion machine! There are two different types of machines; one the shoots out crystals or sand, two diamond tip. I have a diamond tip which is less painful on the sink. I just love how smooth my sink feels afterwards!


> Q. What the biggest common mistake you see people making with their skin?
Over picking there "pimples". We all do it. Picking too soon. Over attacking. That causes scaring which is harder to  get rid of than the actual pimple itself.


> Q. Quick tip? (for beautiful skin)
Always, always wash your face before bed! Men & women. Through out the day, we get dirt & pollution (make up for women) on our faces & that goes right to our pillow case when we go to sleep. Being on our pillows, the dirt just pushes into our sink. Our skin can't breath & will become looking haggard & old. So even if it's just a facial cleanser wipe, go to bed with a clean face!


> Now for some fun questions:

> Q. Whats your favorite holiday?
I honestly like Christmas & not just because I get gifts (that is always nice) but I love giving gifts to everyone! The husband is trying to help me cut back ;)


> Q. If you could travel anywhere in the world all expenses paid where would you go?
I would love to go backpacking across Europe! I hope that counts, when will I be getting that money ;)


> Q. Favorite thing do to hobby etc when your not at the Salon?
Well I kind of do this at the salon while I'm waiting for the phone to ring, I crochet! Yup, I'm 24 & I'm already acting like a grandma lol I guess that's alright though as long as I enjoy it, right?!


> Q. Favorite food or dish?
Since being married, I have tried lots of new dishes; but I love baked goods! My new favorite is banana chocolate chip cookies!


> Q. Favorite movie or book?
I am a sucker for chick-flicks; Moulin Rough is my favorite movie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about best salons. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about best salons in town. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well.
Manicures and pedicures take place at nail salons.
Get to know us. You develop a very personal relationship with your hair stylist, hair colorist and other beauty experts and we know it’s important that you “click”. Visit our staff page to learn more about each of our stylists, including their extensive training, experience and even how they spend their time away from the salon. The more you know about us, the more time we can spend getting to know you.

Best salon Smithtown, NY