Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Food for your Skin

Hello everyone! My name is Danielle & I am the Master Esthetician over here at the Haven Salon. I am also the one who calls & confirms your appointments with the stylist. Let me tell you a little about myself; I am the only girl out of four children, has tons of Texas pride that I even married a Texan after moving to Provo. I moved here in 2008 to go to Acaydia School of Aesthetics, meet & married my husband in 2010. I found out about the Haven Salon through one of my friends who is also a stylist there. I do facial & body waxing & will soon be doing facials & body treatments! So if you have an questions or concerns about your skin or have any unwanted hair, call in at the salon cause I'm the girl for you!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Have any of you seen The Doctors on ABC? I love it! Yesterday they had Dermatologist, Dr. Jessica Wu, author of Feed your Face. She says that while we pay attention to what's on our faces, we should be paying attention to what's on your plates.


 On The Doctors website, they have a detailed list that Dr. Jessica Wu created for your skin; what foods are good for your skin & what foods are bad for your skin.

Foods That Enhance Your Skin:
• Tomatoes contain loads of lycopene that is enhanced by cooking, which helps fight sun damage. Order your pizza with extra sauce!
• Bloody Marys: Both virgin and non-virgin, this is the best cocktail for your skin. Tomato juice contains lycopene which has been shown to fight sun damage.
• Green and yellow veggies: These foods have been linked to lessening wrinkles, especially crow's feet. Try peppers, zucchini, squash and spinach.
• Lean meats: Beef, lamb, chicken and fish contain amino acids, such as glycine and proline, which replenish collagen.
• Fresh fish: Salmon, sardines and mackerel.
• Soy: Soy milk, tofu and edamame.
• Dark chocolate containing more than 70 percent cocoa.• Green beans: This vegetable is packed with silicon, which helps grow long, strong hair and nails.
• Walnuts and almonds: These nuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
• Berries.
• Whole wheat bread and pasta.
• Rolled oats instead of instant oatmeal.
• Brown rice.
• Cold drinks.
Foods to Avoid:
• Dairy: Milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream and lattes all contain cow hormones that can increase oil production and clog pores.
• Packaged baked goods.
• White foods such as white bread, pasta, rice.
• Hidden sugar: Sodas, bottled salad dressings and sweetened cereals.
• High-fructose corn syrup.
• Vinegar and pickles.
• Aged cheeses: Parmesan and blue.
• Spicy foods, especially if you have rosacea or facial redness.
• High-sugar fruits: Grapes, pineapple and bananas.
• Steaming hot food and drinks.
• Tuna steak or solid white tuna, as mercury can cause hair loss.
• Monosodium Glutamate (MSG).

Source: Feed Your Face by Dr. Jessica Wu

 I told my husband about this list & he agrees with it, he just doesn't agree in doing it lol We'll see about that ;)
 Hope this list helps you!


No comments: